August 22, 2017

Beautiful Blooms

I took advantage of Michael's sale on canvases and - FINALLY - completed my home decor in my bedroom.  After a picture fall several years ago that broke the picture glass and ripped a massive hole in our couch, my hubby is not too thrilled about hanging things on the wall.  I'm generally good about this - 3M works for most things.  When we built our house ten years ago, he wasn't trusting 3M over our bed - visions of having something fall on his hea while sleeping.  After a month or so - I could not stand the blank cream walls.  So I improvised by covering some cardboard squares with scrapbooking paper - TEMPORARY until I found something I liked.  I had my pop of color and he felt he would survive if a 4 oz. piece of cardstock fell on him.

After 8-9 years, that cardboard was looking a bit shabby - okay, mighty shabby.  I just didn't know what I wanted, though - and I refuse to pay a lot of money for something I'm not sure about.  Last week, though, I had an aha moment - and this is what I came up with.  I am loving it - and my hubby is loving it even more!



I painted the canvases with acrylic paint and yes, again covered them with scrapbook paper (at least it's canvas and not cardboard - a step up into the world).  This time I designed my own panels using Red, Orange, and Yellow Blossoms from Digital Fields.  I colored the blossoms and background using papers form a variety of collections from We Are 3 - Toasty Warm, Mermaid Love, Once Upon a Time, and Peppermint.

Here is a close up of one of the panel so you can see the paper patterns better.  I just love how these patterns added subtle color throughout.

        
        

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your "aha" moment and I'm glad your husband is pleased too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!