July 1, 2017

Honor Guard for Me

My layout today appears clean and simple - but it was not simple.  LOL!  I was inspired by a layout that seems to pop up each time I visit Pinterest for ideas.  Since I had time today, I decided to finally CASE it.
Entering the layout in Challenge #165 (Anything Goes) at Crafting from the Heart.

Story behind the layout:  This layout is for my wedding album.  After deciding to get married on a 19th century train, I told only one person whom I wouldn't be able to invite.  She asked a question I really hadn't thought of - were we going to follow a 19th-century theme?  Hmmm....there's an idea.  So my dress was custom designed to resemble 19th-century fashion.  My husband is a Civil War buff - so we actually tried to pick our date to coincide with annual Civil War re-enactments at the park.  They had no date scheduled - so in order not to lose the hall, we scheduled our wedding.  We were pleasantly surprised six months later to learn the re-enactment would take place the same weekend we picked!  So we were able to arrange to have a Civil War Honor Guard - and as we walked to the reception area, all the lounging re-enactors stood and cheered.  We also had a chance to participate in their annual ball.  It was so much fun to have the re-enactors help make our day extra special.

1 comment:

  1. Your layout turned out beautifully. And the story behind the event is lovely. Good job at preserving a cherished memory. BL

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!