March 1, 2015

Monochromatic Paper Blossoms

For the past couple years, I haven't had any time to really play - so this weekend I'm pulling out some old techniques.  This first card is totally different than my vision.  For this one, I used one of the first stamp sets I ever purchased and stamped black images of a pine cone - embossed with Mystic Fire.  I was pleased with the border.  I then wanted to emboss some simple flowers - I was not as pleased with those, so decided to ink them.  Not really happy with the results - but the card began to grow on me.  I printed a sentiment on vellum to add to the top.  

Today's cards (a coordinated gift pack) are being entered in a couple challenges - Suzy Bee's Blooming' Challenge (ATG with a twist - the twist being embossing) and Happy LadyBug's Cards and Swaps (monochromatic).  I plan to make a coordinated gift pack - so more to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!