May 17, 2014

Scraps to Treasures Blog Hop - Frozen

Hi Everyone,

Greetings from Scraps to Treasures. We are having a wonderful time today, showcasing beautiful projects created with the song "Let it Go" from the movie "Frozen" in mind.

I actually considered skipping this hop, as I had not seen the movie - so from the start was not inspired.....and I am too busy making cards to fill an order for a gift store in Copper Harbor, Michigan (it's not the end of the world - but you can see it from there!)  However, after reading the lyrics, I did realize I could get two jobs done with my scraps and glitter.

In one sense, this was a no brainer - FROZEN describes Copper Harbor for 11-1/2 months of the year!  One line in the song provided the inspiration for today's card:

And I'll rise like the break of dawn.  

So my card uses a free svg from Jenny's Crafty Creations - a sun ray cut from scrap yellow floral paper.  The white background is embossed cardstock left over from wedding cards I made a few years ago when the bride decided to cut her invitation list in half after I had all the cardstock cut and embossed.  The glittered embellishment is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (copper, of course, for Copper Harbor) - simple card, but will certainly end up being a thank-you card for someone left home to water the plants. 


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!