January 18, 2013

Scraps to Treasures - Valentine Treats

Welcome to the Scraps to Treasure Valentine Treats Blog Hop.  Scraps to Treasure is a group of crafty people who take their leftover scraps and come up with beautiful and fun projects that center around a monthly theme.  This month's theme is Valentine Treats; our crafters were put to task in creating something that used only scraps, but was also Valentine-Treat related.  Jessi Buehrle at My Life in Arts N Crafts (http://mylifeinartsncrafts.blogspot.com/) is our hostess for this hop, and is giving away some goodies.  To be entered to win this fabulous prize, you must...
1. Follow all the blogs in this hop
2. Comment on all the blogs in the hop as well
3. Head on over to My Life in Arts’ n Craf
ts’ 
fan page and give it a like
     a. If you come back to Jessi’s blog and leave a comment saying you did so, get entered in for a second chance. 
And don’t forget to check out Jessi’s etsy store - new items added monthly. 


Now let's see what Valentine treats await us!
We were asked to create a Valentine Treat Bag, Topper, or Container - of course, using scraps.  I created a treat bag holder using cream cardstock embossed with circles, with a decorative punched border.  I used a Valentine image (from Graphic 45 Place in Time) I had left over from Valentine cards I made for my local customers.  I matted the image with Peacock Blue Glitter Ritz - embellished with a flower given to me by Avania Floral Embellishments at 2012 CHA - topped off with a ribbon.  The package contains some red hot hard candies in a bag.




 Tahi - http://tahisscrapcorner.blogspot.com (You came from here)
 Camille - http://shortonideasaz.blogspot.com/ (You are here)
 Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com (Your next stop)

If you get lost, Jessi has the entire hop list on her blog.  

11 comments:

  1. what a great Idea.. and your bow is so puffy.. i really like it. new follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Never thought of making them this way. Might have to scraplift this idea.

    Robin
    scrapdiva2011@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant and love the flower. what a great idea to make this into a treat:-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. so classy, great treat option for the girls in the office. love it!

    lizabratt@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute project!

    Robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very beautiful project. I'm so glad I got to see this today. I love red hots and it's hard to find those yummy cinnamon candies anymore. Let me repeat...Very, very beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Camille, this is a very romantic (RED HOTS!!) treat for your sweet. I'm sorry that Blogger got you early this morning -- isn't that SOOOO frustrating! I am learning not to trust the scheduling thing, BUT I AM GLAD you were able to catch it and catch up. I love your posts!! xoxoxo

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
    e-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your topper is beautiful! I like the image and the color palette. I think this deserves a fancy cup cake instead of red hots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of scraps! Who knew? Your topper is just great. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the glue glitter paper that makes it shine

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!